Monday, May 17, 2010

Theatre prep







I have spent several hours over the past few days helping the Dhahran theater group with a showcase they are doing next week. The production is an Australian play of affairs and infidelity. several of us with artistic capabilities have been painting the backdrops for the sets. It a simple and intimate setting with the small audience sitting on the stage around the players. I have onlt observed pieces of the rehearsals, so I can't give you a clear picture. I have asked my good friend Nicole to come along for the opening night performance. Should be fun. Then in a couple of weeks I am going to the opening night of their big show - a murder mystery - sitting at Tess' table. We won't miss seeing our colleague and friend Deidrie perform in her thick Irish accent. Will see if they need help with the sets for that performance. You never know what you will get involved with here in Aramco. Did I say I am having fun? Wish all of you could enjoy it with me :)
Images of Lisa, Omer, and me working on a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment