Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A new bike


Tonight I went to Toys R Us and bought a Chinese made mountain bike to get around the compound for $100. Needed something to get around here a lttle faster than walking speed. Granted, it's not the real thing like the one I have back home, but it is a bike and will allow me some good exercise as well. I lloked for a while for a used bike on the Aramco classified, but they were rusty and beat to hell and were not much cheaper. I figure that I can sell it when I leave here.

We have 3-day weekend coming up in mid-April. Some of the gang here are going to Beirut, Lebanon, someone was talking about Petra in Jordan, another is talking about Doha, Qatar, and then there is Dubai and Abu Daubi. And then I could just hang around here and work on some paintings and take my bike on the bus to Ras Tanura to one of the days.

Well, the weekend is here and I've a full weekend ahead: The AL Hasa Trip on Thursday and a birding trip to Bahrain on Friday. I'll try to post each night and report. Easter is this weekend here, but I can't figure out where the masses are. I might just stay on Western calendar and go to mass on Sunday. It's hard to figure it all out: today is Wednesday (I think that might make it Good Friday here, but I went to the building where I normally go to mass and it was locked. Now that I have a bike I can pedal over to the far side of the compound to the mass over there if I can find out the time. Supposedly there is a daily mass at that facility and I will go there on Sunday. It's so confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment