Friday, April 9, 2010

The weekend of April10

Another boring weekend in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - nothing to do but sit in my room watching TV in arabic, bengali, etc. - for some folks, but not for me. I have hardly had a moment to stand still until now. Wednesday night after work, I met with my favorite birding buddy, Nicole, to go over the nature journaling workshop that she has been pushing me to do since I met her at The Aramco Natural History Association meeting in Janaury. She just never gave up, so now I have to come through with an outstanding workshop in May. Actually, I am really looking forward to it and I am really glad that she has encouraged me. She is Stephanie's clone almost - loves natural science, horses, camping, etc. If those two ever got together they would be a great team. At any rate, I am trying to put together a list of Windsor-Newton paints that I want her to procure for me when she goes home to Great Britain later this week for a home visit.

Thursday morning Don and Lynne picked meup to go out to Dammam to the furniture maker. They were picking up a multi-drawer cabinet for Don's office (very nice piece for furniture). I wanted to go to talk to t he proprietor about making a vanity for the bedroom suite that carolyn loves so much. From there we went to an upscale furnature and accessorie store called Desert Designs. Wow, nice stuff! The best's walked out with two very beautiful Iranina rugs. I saw several that would be so nice in our home back in Houston. There were so many neat things there. I have asked them to pick me up when they go back later this week. A good friend, Therisa,from Houston, was along and almost walked out with a carpet as well (she'll most lokely be back). From there they dropped me back at Steineke.

No comments:

Post a Comment