Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday night



Today was a pretty good day. Just got back from a party for all of the group on this project. Lots of good food, but too many sweets. It was also a birthday celebration for the group's leader and one of the consultants, hence all the sweets. Had some good conversations with some of the group that I haven't had a chance to get to know.

This morning I went into Al Kobar to the big hypermarket to get some things that I needed. While I was there I had to walk over to the corniche and photograph the beautiful white mosque set off the corniche into the Gulf. The tide was way low due to the north winds blowing down the Gulf, so I didn't get the real sense of the building being out in the water. I remember this place when I was here 20 years ago and fished around the rocks. The low tide allowed me to get some good photos of some of the Persian Gulf anemones in the shallow water off the corniche Everything else has changed so much.

The sunsets have been really beautiful the past few days with the shamal winds blowing in the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment