Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday -Shamal winds


About mid-day today a norther blew in here. The winds have been gusting out of the NW at 15-20 knots. Tomorrow they are expected to pick up to 20-30 knots - real Shamal winds that bring in the sand and dust from the desert. I took walk after work (the 6km walk) and it was breezy and cool. Will surely want to wear a jacket tomorrow with the overnight temps in the mid to upper 40's.

Tess, the mother hen in the office, has arranged for a car caravan out into the desert on Friday. I've signed up and will have to wait to see if there is room. Anything to get away from the compound for a little bit. Several of the guys are taking a weekend flight to Dubai. Others are playing golf, and a coupe are just hanging back here in Steineke to read and catch up on stuff. There is a cookout at Heather's place on Thursday night to celebrate the team and Les' birthday. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the other folks on the team that I haven't met yet.

I just like getting away from here to get some better food. It's amazing how the dining hall can screw up things like pasta sauce. I thought I would try pasta with meat sauce tonight and it was absolutley tasteless! I had to put Louisiana hot sauce on it to eat it. Oh, what I wouldn't give for a big plate of Carolyn's wonderful pasta sauce right now.

Cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment